Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dread Head





This is a quick headband if you will. I have made several sizes, but the larger ones are my favorite for holding back the hair. I made them light and airy for summer time. Make smaller ones for just a nice little head band or larger ones that hold the hair back a bit more. Go even a little longer and it will hold the hair right up off your neck for a large pony tail. Adding embellishments for an extra little something, like flowers, buttons, ribbons...

I used a K hook and worsted weight yarn.
The beginning uses a bit of measurement. Measure the size of intended head and chain an even number of chains to make the length. join with a sl st to form a circle being careful not to twist.
Rnd 1) ch4 (counts as first dc and ch1)* skip next ch, dc in next ch, ch1, repeat from * around, sl st to 3rd ch of first ch4
Rnd 2) sl st to first ch1 space, ch4,* dc in next ch1 space, ch1, repeat from * around.
Repeat Rnd 2 for desired length. Optional, when at desired lenght ch1, sc in each st around. This is what I have done with the lt. purple one.
The flower I used is just one I found on the net. Lion Brand has some and a few other sites.

11 comments:

  1. Love these! I see an evening of headbanding coming on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krásne čelenky a ešte krajšie modelky:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Where did you find the pattern for the flower? It is a perfect fit for the headband?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this pattern, I enjoy making them. Yes, the flower is perfect for it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pattern! Thanks for sharing this! Where might I be able to get the pattern for the flower, it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the pattern. Can't wait to try it out. Seems easy which is great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have three major things to go to in May... this will do nicely to give me a little color for my head that won't make me so hot during time in Church, etc. I can dress it up with one of about four flower patterns I've finished learning, and hearts too! :D Thank you so much! It will be so easy, and perfect for the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!! Thank you for this. I made a headband for my daughter to wear to work, but was not happy with the result. (Although, she likes it just fine.) I love that you did this in the round and am going to try it out now for my 4 yr old niece. I just finished 2 toddler versions of the Jayde hat and love how they came out. I am going to post pictures on my blog and will link to your pattern, to give credit where due. Thank you so much for the wonderful patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple. Easy. quick,just perfect, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful🌸 thank you Vallieskids for sharing🧸♥️🧶

    ReplyDelete