Monday, June 1, 2009

The Blues Hat




This is to fit and adult, but my daughter said it fits her nice, with a little bit of room... :o)

With worsted weight yarn and an H hook,
Row 1) ch2, 9 hdc in second ch from hook, sl st to join .


Row 2) ch1, 2 hdc in same st and in each st around. join


Row 3) ch1, 2 hdc in same st, *1 hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st, around


Row 4) ch1, 2 hdc in same st,* hdc in next 2 sts, 2 hdc in next st, around


Row 5) ch1, 2 hdc in same st, * hdc in next 3 sts, 2 hdc in next st, around


Row 6) ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, * hdc in next 4 sts, 2 hdc in next st, around


Row 7) ch1, 2 hdc in same st, * hdc in nest 5 sts, 2 hdc in next st, around


Row 8) ch1, 2 hdc in same st, * hdc in next 6 sts, 2 hdc in next st, around


Row 9-15) ch1, hdc in same st and in each st around. Change to contrasting color


Row 16) ch2, dc in next 2 hdc,* ch1, skip next st, dc in next 3 sts, repeat around join to top of ch2


Row 17) sl st into next 2 st ch2, dc in ch1 sp, dc in next st ,* ch1 skip next st, dc in next dc and ch1 sp and next dc. repeat around. sl st to top of ch2


Here is where I switched back to main color,


Row 18) ch2, dc in each st around


Row 19) with CC reverse sc around. fasten off weave in ends.


9 comments:

  1. Cute! I plan to give this a try for a hat swap I'm in. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your hats are fabulous. Just learning to crochet, will make them for my granddaughters! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely patterns. Best to you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hunting down a hat made with HDC's instead of DC's and finally found yourson Ravelry. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I've never heard of a reverse SC before and I've been crocheting over 30 years (yikes). Any suggestions? I'm planning on making this from a purple w/ silver sparkles yarn from I Love This Yarn! I think it'll be really cute although I'm not sure what to do with the contrast. Think I'll probably just use white.

    Thanks!
    Tina 'the book lady'
    wswpub2(at)gmail

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhSbycwfpdo video shows how to reverse sc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried twice making this pattern tonight and it didn't come out either time. Frogged both projects. Way too big and shallow. Didn't come down around the ears like in the photo. Not sure what I did wrong (twice, mind you). It's unfortunate because the photo is beautiful and I was hoping to make this in grey for my brother in law :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your patterns! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just made this hat, thankyou so much it is very stylish with the contrast :-)

    ReplyDelete