Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Forever My Friend

Using size 10 needles and bohemiafibers 1 skein dk weight 1 skein = 225 yards.  I used up most of the skein

Cast on 126 sts Ribbing

Rounds 1-4) P1, K1, around

Body of Cowl and Horseshoe Cable pattern

Rounds 1-4) P1, (K12, P2) repeat parentheses around but you will end with 1 purl stitch.

Round 5) P1, (slip 3 stitches onto cable needle and hold to front of work, Knit 3, Knit 3 from cable needle, slip 3 stitches onto cable needle and hold to back of work, Knit 3 stitches, Knit 3 from cable needle, P2) repeat pattern in parentheses all the way around. You will end with a P1 at end of round instead of P2


ounds 6-8) P1, (K12, P2) repeat parentheses around ending with 1 purl stitch.


Repeat rounds 1-8 four more times.


Work P1, K1 for four more rounds. Bind off and weave in ends.

 This pattern has not been tested. I worked it up over Memorial weekend on a whim. Please feel free to use as you like. But link to my pattern if you can. Happy Knitting!

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! What a wonderful way to honor Lyric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I am Seijasisko from Finland. I found from Raverly "Olivia's Butterfly Hat" and liked your pattern very much. I have organized at Finland charitycampaing where we collect knitted and crocheted hats to cancerpatiens to women and children who have lost of their hair at chemotherapy. I have been looking good "chemohat" patterns and I think Olivias Butterfly suits very well on that purpose. I wonder if it is Ok, that I could made translation at Finnish of this pattern and publish it at my blog. Of course I put to translated pattern link to your original pattern. All work we do is volyntary. My blogaddress is http://seijasisko.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful, valerie! do you think this would be good for a beginner knitter or too complicated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just seeing your post! So sorry. If you havne't tried it yet, go for it. Are you on Ravelry? I get messages on their much faster. The cable pattern isn't very hard and is good for a first time cable project. I would be happy to help with any questions!

      Delete
  4. I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job.advertising | advertisment| production houses in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings! I’ve been reading your website for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the great job!Best advertising Agency in the world | top advertising agencies in pakistan | Marketing Agency | pakistani matrimonial

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete