Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dyeing to Knit




Happy New Year everyone! sorry I have been absent. Lots to do during the holidays

I started myself a new hobby and am loving it. I bought the dye kit that Knit Picks had had for a while. Three skeins of yarn in different weights and fiber plus three colors of powdered dye. I can't seem to find it right now, it might be some thing they discontinued but here is a link to the dye sets they have
http://knitting-yarn.knitpicks.com/search?p=Q&lbc=knitpicks&uid=544746193&ts=custom&w=Jacquards%20dye&af=&isort=score&method=and&view=grid

I had a blast with it. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be and it's neat to watch and see how the color is going to come out. I only tried one color at first, didn't want to overwhelm myself. But maybe another one tomorrow, we shall see. These are the pics of what I did, using the tutorial Knit Picks has on their site. They have several dying tips, use for kool aid, crock pot dyeing and a few others. Might have to try the crock pot one if I can get my hands on an old pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment